The Lego Madhouse and Me


Welcome to The Lego Madhouse,

My name is Christopher Pearce, perhaps better known as CapnRex101 throughout the online Lego community. I am based in the UK and recently decided that I would embark on a somewhat ambitious project, that being to create my own MOC of Arkham Asylum.

On this blog I will document my progress surrounding the MOC, from initial designs to build pictures right through to the finished article, as well as giving some of my views on more general Lego news and sets.

Saturday 16 March 2013

FBTB Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vignette Contest..

With little going on with respect to creating my Arkham Asylum MOC as I still wait on delivery of my storage cabinets, I think it is time for me to bring another competition to your attention.

Prior to the interesting (and divisive) revelation of Lego Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I had no interest in the series, but once the sets started to appear I thought I might as well give the new cartoon a try. Immediately I was hooked and have been keeping up with the series ever since. I have only been able to pick up a couple of the smaller sets so far (79100 and 79101) but intend to collect the remainder of the sets when I can get around to it.


Anyway, I write this article to point any TMNT fans who read my blog in the direction of this brilliant contest over at FBTB, which I am soon going to be entering myself. Hopefully the model I am making now (which includes a sewer area and is not the one above just to clarify, that is the model built as a kind of 'logo' for the contest by the host) will serve as good practice for the Arkham Asylum MOC. The full contest rules can be seen via this link, but just to outline them, the idea is to create a 16x16 stud vignette with a TMNT theme, there is no height limit, and there are some excellent prizes to be had so get building!

My MOC is now in its final stages, but there is still plenty of time to enter as the closing date is not until the end of March, so why not have a go?

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment