The Lego Madhouse and Me


Welcome to The Lego Madhouse,

My name is Christopher Pearce, perhaps better known as CapnRex101 throughout the online Lego community. I am based in the UK and recently decided that I would embark on a somewhat ambitious project, that being to create my own MOC of Arkham Asylum.

On this blog I will document my progress surrounding the MOC, from initial designs to build pictures right through to the finished article, as well as giving some of my views on more general Lego news and sets.

Sunday 31 March 2013

FBTB Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vignette Contest Entry...

Now that I have finally managed to find the time to photograph my model for the FBTB Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle vignette contest, I will also present it here. You can see here my first real attempt at a sewer model as well, which of course will feature in the Arkham Asylum MOC I am working towards.

In this first image you can see an overview of the MOC. It was quite a challenge to photograph thanks to the model being constructed on two levels, with no single image capturing the details of the MOC as a whole in my opinion.


The next image shows the upper (or street) level of the MOC. The Shredder and his Foot Ninjas are hunting the Turtles down, while the Kraang cause some more chaos as Mutagen leaks into the sewer from one of their warehouses.


The final image, and perhaps the most interesting with respect to the Arkham Asylum MOC, shows the sewers as I have designed them for this model. I think they still need some work before they are incorporated into the Arkham Asylum model, but are a decent start to proceedings.

Here Michaelangelo and Donatello have escaped into the sewers. While Mikey relaxes Donatello is not yet comfortable that the danger has passed. As usual he is exactly right as one creature appears to already have begun to mutate thanks to the Mutagen leak...


Voting on the contest at FBTB commences tomorrow. My next post will hopefully be about my current parts collection once the cabinets I await have arrived, which ought to be this week if they arrive on time.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you made the ladder into the sewer.

    ReplyDelete